Everyone becomes busy in their life and start finding the Facebook Chat notification annoying or they do not have that much time to chat on Facebook. So they can disable the Facebook chat by signing to their Facebook account.
You can adjust the status of your Facebook chat by clicking on the active or inactive button. In case you are logging to your Facebook or Messenger on any different computer or smartphone, then you have to also disable the Facebook on that system also.
Steps for Disabling the Facebook Chat on the PC
In case the users are signed in to the Facebook account on their PC, then they can disable the Facebook chat by going to the “Facebook Chat” window. Here are the steps are given below for disabling the Facebook Chat on the PC:
• Sign in to the account which is linked with Facebook on the PC.
• Tap on the “Gear” symbol located in the end right-hand side of the display or any other webpage on Facebook.
• After tapping on the above-mentioned symbol, it will start showing the Facebook chat window.
• After tapping on that option, it will start showing the “Activate Status” webpage of Facebook.
• Press on the “Turn off Activate Status for All Contacts” option in case the users wish to disable the Facebook chat tab for the entire facebook contacts.
• In case the users wish to permit particular Facebook contacts to have a conversation with them.
• They just need to enter the names of that person who they wish to stop having conversations with.
• After that, tap on the “Ok” button.
Steps for Disabling the Facebook Chat on the Android or iPhone
After signing in to the Facebook account on the iPhone or Android, the users can go through the turning of procedure of Facebook chat by clicking to the “Facebook Chat” option. Go through the steps given below for disabling the Facebook Chat on the Android or iPhone:
• Go to the “Facebook” application on the iPhone or Android.
• Click on the “menu” icon located in the top right-hand side of the display.
• Click on the “Settings” tab.
• Click on the “Active Status” below the “Privacy” option.
• Click the switch nearby the “Show When You’re Activate” option for disabling it.
• Press on the “Turn off” button located on the “Active Status” tab and after completing the procedure, click on the “Exit” button to leave that window.
Steps for Disabling Facebook Chat in an Internet Browser
In case the users are signed in to their Facebook account through the internet browser on their smartphone, they can disable the Facebook chat function also. Go through the steps given below to disable the Facebook Chat in an Internet Browser:
• Ensure that the users are signed in on their Facebook account on the Internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
• Click the “hamburger” option provided in the top right-hand side of the display.
• Click on the “Settings” tab.
• Press on the “Active Status” option below the “Privacy” button.
• Click on the “Turn Off Active Status” URL.
Hey, I’m Smith Leo. I’m a web developer living in California. I am a fan of technology, design, and web development. I’m also interested in camping and snowboarding. You can visit my website with a click on the button above. Visit@:- McAfee.com/Activate.